7 Proven Reasons to be Thankful!
Thursday, October 22, 2020
It's Thankful Thursday-
Every day there is so much to be thankful for. Here are 7 proven reasons to be thankful:
1. Gratitude opens the door to more relationships. No one wants to be around a grouch! I find that when I'm thankful, I reach out more to those around me.
2. Gratitude improves physical health. Aches and pains are not felt to the same extent when our hearts are happy. We move more too.
3. Gratitude improves psychological health. Negative emotions are reduced when we are thankful. Positive emotions rise to the surface from the simple act of being thankful.
4. Gratitude enhances empathy and reduces aggression. Our society certainly has more aggression these days. I see it in schools all the time. It is my goal to make today a day worth remembering and being thankful for both students and teachers around me.
5. Grateful people sleep better. Take time before going to bed to count your blessings. Name them one by one!
6. Gratitude improves self-esteem. A 2014 study published in the Journal of Applied Sport Psychology found that gratitude increased athlete’s self-esteem, which is an essential component of optimal performance. I've seen an improvement in my own self-esteem as I keep a thankful heart.
7. Gratitude increases mental strength. We all need grit and endurance for those tough times. Remember to be thankful!