Daily blogging, day 1
Sunday, March 02, 2008
I am going to try to blog daily for awhile about how I did the day before. Now that I've identified some specific areas I want to improve upon I think this will help to keep me accountable. I'm actually very pleased with myself for taking control like this - and I also really want to get back down to 120. In fact, I am going to offer myself a prize for 120 to motivate myself again.
Yesterday I actually feel good about even though it wasn't an ideal day. High and low points:
- I worked out a ton, 30 min on the elliptical in the morning, 20 minute run at an incline (which I never do) prior to my trainer, a 50 minute circuit, another 50 minutes on the elliptical in the evening and then a very long (maybe 20 min) walk from dinner to the bar in the freezing cold at man pace. Overall I burned well over 1000 calories
- I went to whole foods and didn't even go near the dried fruits aisle! I bought fresh fruits, low fact cheeses, veggies, hummus, yogurt, etc - lots of healthy and many higher protein foods
- I didn't eat any dried fruit
- after dinner the only thing I ate was 3 blow pops, and those blow pops were the only gum I had all day
- I ate a good amount of protein - maybe 81 grams
Low points -
- I way over did it on "Better than peanut butter" - I couldn't stop eating it and my 2 tbsns turns into 5. Still only 250 calories but a really gorging mindset. I didn't need all that fake PB!
- My carbs were still way over - something like 246. My goal is to be under 200 each day. I guess you could say this is ok considering the amount I worked out but still, my goal is below 200.
- I drank a lot - a large glass of white wine and 3 vodka sodas. This means that about 400 of my calories came from alcohol and were totally empty
- It was a high calorie day, around 2300. Again maybe proportionately high with the calorie burn but surely not a weight loss day
- I ate a fair amount of candy, 3 blow pops and an ounce of dark chocolate. Goal is to minimize candy
So overall an ok day - I'm proud that I successfully avoided the dried fruit and I kicked ass in the workout category, and I'm proud of my new convictions, but I am hoping that the next few days will be even better.