Day 2 of being back on track
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Still trying to come to terms with the limits I have imposed on me. Who wrote the rule that September must be limiting for me? This time last year I was limited after surgery on my knee. This year it's Valley Fever. NOT FAIR!
This morning I am too tired to ride, but I'm hoping that if I take it easy today, I can ride this afternoon. I NEED the exercise. If not physically, mentally I need it. I need the endorphin rush. WHAT? ME? Who said that? Not me, uh uh. LOL
It's true. I've become addicted to exercise. This one-time lump whose "exercise" was composed of doing easy rides on my horse, and not really pushing the limits much. That has all changed, and I find I like the change.
So, I'm asked all the time how to get into doing cardio. Well, here is what I've learned:
1) Fiind something you like. There are jillions of choices out there besides the traditional ones.
2) Do it until you are addicted to the endorphins.
3) Make it an unbreakable appointment at least 2 times a week. It's important for YOU!
4) Make it fun
5) If you can, find a partner in crime
6) Use variety to keep it interesting and challenging.
So here's to becoming a new us. I'm back on track and trying daily to improve my already wonderful self. I sure hope I can ride this afternoon!!