Let's Get Started
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Well, it’s official, here we are starting BLC23. I am excited for the next 12 weeks which will bring us to right before Christmas. I plan to successfully navigate a couple of holidays and several parties (more details on that as they draw closer).
I just finished Chris Powell’s book on carb cycling and while I will not be following the plan, I liked several things he had to say in his book. The first thing was that we tend to make our goals too big when we first start out. He suggested starting with a few small goals. So, for week 1 of BLC23, that’s what I’ll be doing.
1. Drink water. I’ve let the diet soda back into my diet after not drinking it for several months. When I’m drinking that, I am not drinking enough water so as of today, no more diet soda, at least 100 ounces of water every day.
2. 500 fitness minutes a week. This is so do-able for me. That’s 90 minutes a day during the week and 60 minutes a day over the weekend. I workout for 30 minutes at lunch. A 60 minute workout at the gym after work and 60 minutes of activity on Saturday and Sunday will get me to over 500 minutes each week.
3. Track it!! I’ve put my sparkpeople app at the front of my Kindle so I don’t have an excuse not to track every single morsel I put into my mouth. This is such a huge part of my success when losing consistently.
4. Check in with the team. This honestly has never really been difficult to me because I love hearing from everyone and sharing what is going on with me.
5. Lose one pound. That’s it, just a pound. That means a calorie deficit of 3500. I can definitely do it!!
If you kept up with my weekly blogs last round, you know that I like to reward myself for reaching my goals. So, this week, if I keep to those goals listed about and lose that one pound, I will get a new Kelly Coffey Meyer workout DVD.