One of the Assignments for getting ready for the 5% Fall Challenge
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
I actually put this on the Fall Challenge site but really wanted to put it here, too. Making myself Accountable!
Today's assignment is to
list 10 reasons you want to lose weight.
1. I want my blood sugar to stay in the normal range after being diagnosed as pre-diabetic in 2011. Just got it there with the Atkins Diet and I want to completely ditch the empty bread and sugar calories for the rest of my life.
2. I want to be a good example for my hubby, children, grandchildren, and great-grand of an older person who is doing all she can to take care of herself instead of giving up in despair.
3. I want to cherish my body and take care of it. It is the only one God gave me.
4. I want to be comfortable in my skin. I remember distinctly what it was like when I didn't have this big belly to carry around all of the time.
5. . I want to be comfortable in my clothes. They didn't squeeze me or pull when I was the way I should be.
6. I want to increase my cardiovascular endurance. To be honest, I don't "huff and puff" the way I used to, but I want to be able to do more
7.I want to pull out my jeans that used to fit in 1995 and wear them again. Yes, I still have them.
7. To get into my next-phase wardrobe. (I have clothes in my closet that are a size too small for me now just waiting for the next 10 pounds to go LOL. I get rid of most of the bigger ones as soon as I feel I am safely past gaining a little "rebound" weight!)
8. I want to feel good and have energy the way I used to when I was the right weight and healthy.
9. I want to look in the mirror without thinking, "Who is THAT?"
10. I don't want to look back over this time of my life with regret at what was within my reach and I let it slip away..
What do you want to change?
I want to change what has always been my compulsion to overeat when I eat carbs. I have known for years that if I eat a white potato it makes me want ice cream and vice-versa. I am okay with nut milks (or was in the past, can't have them right now) and if I don't eat starchy carbs or added sugars. On Atkins, I am not even tempted and I like it this way!
How do you want to look?
I would LOVE to look the way I did when I was 40! People thought I was in my 20s and my clothes fit me like a glove. I despise the fact that I let myself get this way.
How do you want to feel?
I answered this one above.
What things will you be able to do in the future with a slimmer healthier body?
I am going to list those things I DID do in the past. Would love to do all of these again.
1.I used to get out in the backyard and play softball with the kids.
2.I stopped bowling when I got so tubby in the mid-section that I couldn't lean over and "set" the ball down and I refuse to drop it!
3.I once ran alongside my daughter on her bicycle for 1.5 miles rested 10 min and ran back home with her.
4.I "ran" up to the Overlook on top of The Great Smoky Mountains which is straight uphill and the air is thin. We went last Sept and I didn't make it 60 feet walking before I had to turn back!
And list all the OTHER things that you want to change!
1. My waist measurement! For my height, it should be no more than 32" but I won't settle for more than a 28" waist! (Again with the jeans I wore in 1995)
2. I want to Eat to Live not Live to Eat - In the past when i dieted all I ever thought about was what i was gong to eat and when . I don't want to obsess over food. I don't want to be a glutton, either. When I quit smoking in 1997 I made up my mind because I knew that I was killing myself and I didn't want to stand before God on judgment day and have to tell Him I killed myself by my own hand, just slowly. When I stopped that, I gained weight and I still don't want to have to confess that I committed slow suicide by fork.