Losing weight should be easy and it is if you stick to your plans and exercise
and so forth. Maintaining is a whole other story which I haven't been to yet so I am not able to comment on that aspect.
Why do I want to lose weight?
1) To feel better about myself.
2) Take the pressure off of my back, knees and feet. I have two bulged discs being over weight does not help.
3) To be able to fit into my dirt bike gear more comfortably. I haven't really ridden much in the last couple of years.
4) To look at myself in the mirror and not, hate scratch that dislike my body so much.
5) To be able to go shopping and not in the plus size section.
6) To be comfortable in my own body and skin.
7) To gain more energy.
8) To decrease my depression symptoms. I know exercise can help with it. I just need to get my back pain under control. (Am working on this. I will be getting an injection here pretty soon)
9) To believe in myself more as I gain more confidence in myself.
10) To love myself more. Love myself way more than food.
So these are some reasons. When I lost weight many many many
ago, I remember feeling great and I was so confident in myself. Then friends and family became hard, mean and called me all kinds of names. I let it effect me in a lot of ways that it shouldn't have and it did. I actually lost a lot of my friends and family in the process. I ended up being so afraid of being alone that I said screw and started eating and not caring anymore. Then
friends and family all came back and all the emotional meanness stopped completely. No one tells you that aspect of losing weight. So, I have my WHY's; however, I think I have MORE FEAR related to succeeding again because of what happened last time. How do I get passed these fears? I am not very sure at this time. I know I can lose the weight by tracking my food and sticking to a pretty good plan. My hubster is definitely more supportive this time around verses last time. So, that helps.
I want to find my reason, my incredible WHY to lose the weight so I don't have/make any excuses. This is why I did my reasons to lose weight. However, none of them feel strongly enough to pull me through to get my motivation up. Is it because of the constant pain in my back? Could be or am I using this as an excuse? UGHHHH All of these questions and still don't really have a point as to this blog. I guess I figure if I put it out here in the universe or you all fabulous Spark People perhaps something will spark and light the
fire in my patootie.
The point of this I really don't know. It is here for me to go back to. Or if this can help someone else cool. If anyone comments perhaps something