What to Remember about Sugar
Thursday, March 15, 2018
I went the first entire week of this challenge without any sugar! In that week, I lost 4 pounds, my resting heart rate went down, I slept well, I felt energetic, optimistic, healthy, and happy. Then came March 14, which is pi day (3.14), so I made raspberry-cherry pie for my husband. I ate a piece, then another piece...
I am writing this to remind myself what happens to my body when I eat sugar.
1) As soon as I eat some, I want some more of it.
2) My resting heart rate went up.
3) My stomach growled all night.
4) I had night sweats.
5) My pee is slow.
6) It was hard to get up in the morning, and I feel tired.
7) I feel unmotivated about exercise and tracking today.
8) Salad and veggies seem totally unappealing because I am wishing for more pie.
So what I need to remember is that eating sugar is not just about losing or gaining a pound. It changes everything.