So for the Shooting Stars team for the 5% Challenge we always post information about the sites we visit. So our wonderful motivation leader, Janey, decided we should also blog about it so other teams could see. Here is the first blog and first destination!
We have landed in Malibu, California!
Malibu is a 27-mile long stretch of coastal property. Originally it was owned by a single family, the Rindges. In the early 1930s, they allowed celebrities to rent and then buy oceanside property. Some of today's celebrities who call this place home are: Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Paris Hilton, Carlie Sheen, and Ellen DeGeneres.
Here are some pictures of other celebrities who call or have called (some have sold them since) Malibu home.
1. Lady Gaga's Oceanside Estate. It is 10,000 square feet and the lower level has a "bat cave" featuring a vintage two-lane bowling alley, stand-up basketball free-throw machines and an 800-bottle wine cellar. The estate is 6 acres long and also boasts a saltwater swimming pool alongside the lighted bocce ball court.
2. Halle Berry's Beach Home. It has more than 5,000 square feet and every room has a stunning view of the ocean.
3. Julia Roberts's Eco-Friendly Manor. This 6,000 square foot home was designed with the well-being of the earth in mind. It contains 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
4. Courtney Cox's Personalized Home in Malibu. The amazing features include a saltwater swimming pool, tennis court and house, guest cottages and a screening room.
5. Cindy Crawford's Ranch Oasis. This is a 4 bedroom and 4 bathroom home.
6. Kelsey Grammer's Picturesque Mansion. This is a 6,093 square foot estate and is spread across 4.75 acres. The home features a great room, luxurious home theater and a library alongside a sprawling master suite and Wolfgag Puck gourmet kitchen. Outside beautiful landscaping with floral gardens, shady trees, and a lily pond sit next to a lighted tennis court and a private pool.
7. Steven Spielberg's Beachfront Compound. Is a 7,237 square foot mansion on 1.08 acres of land. This property has several buildings on it besides the 7 bedroom and 9 bathroom main house. The main house also has a library, massage room, and screening room. He also has a guesthouse with two bedrooms and an additional spa and pool.
8. Will Smith's Adobe Style Getaway. This is a 25,000 square foot adobe style mansion on 150 acres.
Continuing on our Malibu Journey....
When visiting Malibu, you can stay at a hotel to relax and renew your mind, body and spirit. There are multiple hotels that range in price from $86 a night to $2,945! One I might like to stay at is the Malibu Country Inn which is a 3 star hotel.
Okay so we booked the hotel and now you may be wondering what there is to do in Malibu! You can take a wine tour that lasts 3 hours! Here you can explore the vineyards, organic gardens, Chumash Native American cave paintings and more at Malibu Wine Hikes. You can also see the wildlife here such as giraffes and zebras.
There is also a 3.5 hour exclusive Malibu stars homes and beautiful beach tour which is by bus. The tour includes a stop at the Adamson House which allows time to walk the grounds, get your feet sandy on Surfrider Beach, snap some pictures of the Malibu pier, or do some local shopping at the Malibu Country Mart. You will see these celebrity homes on the tour: Leonardo DiCaprio, Lana Del Ray, Robert Downey Junior, Matt Groening, Mel Brooks, Lou Adler, Simon Cowell, Dr. Dre, Cher, Adam Sandler, Jennifer Lopez & Alex Rodriguez, Matthew Perry, Rihanna and more.
For more information about the Adamson House and the tour check out this link:
There are also some top attractions to visit in Malibu which are:
1. The Getty Villa - a museum dedicated to the art of the ancient Greeks, Romans and other classic civilizations.
2. El Matador State Beach - following a climb down a series of steep stairs, the beach has many beautiful rocks to climb through and around.
3. Zuma Beach - a regular beach with a lifeguard.
4. Point Dume State Beach and Preserve - there is a trail to hike to the top of the hill to see the beach, a certain time of the year you can see whales very close to shore.
5. Malibu Pier - has magnificent views of the coast of Los Angeles and has great stores and restaurants.
I hope you enjoyed the tour!