Going with the flow
Saturday, February 02, 2008
I think I've come to terms with maintenance. I'm comfortable now eating around 1600 calories a day, sometimes more and sometimes less. I'm comfortable fluctuating between 118 and 123 pounds, which seems to be what I'm doing. I'm even comfortable drinking more, which is for sure what I'm doing, and I don't mean water. I think that goes with being single too. Here are some reasons I know I've adopted a lifestyle. I hope every day that I can keep it up and maintain this weight forever.
- I work out at least once, but often twice a day. It is the most important thing to me
- I still don't eat red meat, white bread, creamy sauces, or desserts, except in serious moderation in very special circumstances (I am going to Argentina in a few weeks and MAY eat steak)
- I now take a vitamin daily, always walk up the stairs, and have no problems carrying heavy groceries
- I order my eggs with whites, my dressings on the side, and mostly eat salads and fish
- I always drink at least 9 glasses of water a day, in fact, other than liquor (see above) it is all I drink
- When I do drink liquor it is sugar free - wine, vodka sodas, or admittedly tequila shots
Basically I've done it, I've changed...it is about much more than my 25 inch waste or my size 2 dresses, I'm a whole new me.
Wow, thanks spark.